What to Bring to a Theme Park
A visit to your local amusement or theme park is the quintessential summer outing. Whether it’s a spontaneous day trip or a well-planned affair, packing your theme park backpack with amusement park essentials will help you make the most of your day – worry free!
- Sunscreen: Admit it, your mom was always right when she nagged you to wear sunscreen. It’s the number one item on the “what to bring to an amusement park” list. Spending hours in the summer sun waiting in queues and making laps around the park is sure to sting later. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before starting your day and reapply often! The last thing you want is a souvenir burn.
- Change of Clothes: Something most people probably don’t think about adding to their list of things to bring to a theme park. Nothing is more refreshing than riding a water ride on a sizzling summer day, and nothing feels more disgusting than walking around in wet clothes and shoes hoping they will eventually dry. Take a change of clothes and flip flops (to wear while you ride) and you won’t have to worry about pruney feet at the end of the day.
- Sealable Plastic Baggies: To keep your money, wallet and phone dry, these are a must of the list of things to bring to a theme park. Especially if you don’t want to shell out money for a locker or keep your belongings in a box.
- Phone Charger: Make sure to add your phone charger to your list of things to bring to an amusement park. Don’t let your phone get to the dreaded 1%. Most amusement and theme parks provide guests with complimentary charging stations – Kennywood has two in the Penny Arcade. Not only are they a great place to let your phone recharge so you can continue documenting your day of fun, they’re also a great place to relax and plan what thrill you’ll tackle next!
- Snacks: Throw some snacks in your theme park backpack. Amusement park food is delicious, but it can also make you feel sluggish. Be sure to keep granola bars, pretzels or nuts on hand for a quick boost of energy. Or, you can pack your own picnic with an array of feel-good foods! Not many amusement or theme parks nowadays allow you to bring your own basket, but Kennywood is all about tradition and got its start as Pittsburgh’s premiere picnic park!
- Cash: Another amusement park essential! Let’s face it, simply sliding a card as opposed to fumbling around with change is convenient. Even though most places have adapted (including amusement and theme parks) to a cashless system, there are just some things you need cash for – like playing games.
- Water: Probably the most important item on the list of what to bring to a theme park! It’s easy to get dehydrated when spending hours in the heat. Stay ahead of the game and drink plenty of water before getting to the park and throughout the day. So there you have it, all the amusement park essentials, and things to throw in your theme park backpack, before you head to Kennywood this summer! Don’t miss the iconic Noah’s Ark attraction, fully re-done to celebrate 80 years of fun at Kennywood. And you’ll want to make sure to hit all the classics, like Jack Rabbit and Phantom’s Revenge! Grab the best deals on tickets online and we’ll see you at the park!
A visit to your local amusement or theme park is the quintessential summer outing. Whether it’s a spontaneous day trip or a well-planned affair, packing your theme park backpack with...